Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Review : The Vampire, the Hunter, and the Girl (The Vampire and the Hunter Trilogy #1)


Adam and Jesus (the vampire and the hunter) have an innate antagonism, which is only heightened once they discover they're competing for the affections of the same girl. Olivia (the girl) is an aspiring author struggling to write a vampire novel. What none of them yet know is there's a menacing force looming that will change the course of their lives forever. With the first installment of The Vampire and the Hunter Trilogy, Martin Lastrapes has created a vampire tale that is scary, funny, thrilling, and satisfying to the very last drop.













Review

I was offered the e-book by the author for a fair review.

I thought that there was a lot of flashbacks for each character of this book. I understand that whatever happened to them in their past is what lead them to be who they are in the present, but I thought there was just too much backstory given. None more so than Darlene. Why did we get to know about her past if she wasn't one of the main characters? Over 150 pages of flashback, with just a little bit of present day on each character. If it wasn't because it was mentioned that Jesus was a hunter, I don't think we would have know that because he hardly spent any time hunting.

The Vampire, Adam, we know he is a vampire because in the beginning of the book he hunts Olivia and because we were told about it. Other than that he talks about being a vampire, and their laws but it's not much more than that. The book doesn't really give you the feeling that he is a vampire.

As for Olivia and Elowyn...I loved the girls they felt so real. Johnson was a total jerk but I also liked him a lot! And my favorite, Victus is how vampires are supposed to be. I wanted more of him. (I have something for the bad guys, they are always my favorite!)

Also, there was too much about wrestling and I did not care about it. After 200 pages the book finally got interesting. That is when a lot started happening and the flashbacks were finally through. The writing was good, there just wasn't very much going on until later in the book.

I hope the author ends the series with Olivia publishing her vampire book!

Review on Goodreads.


No comments :

Post a Comment