Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Moody Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week's topic asked us to give recommendations for books if you are in the mood for a certain type of genre.




I really have a soft spot for romantic suspense! Cherry Adair was my first (and by far one of the best!), but there is a lot really great authors out there to check out if you are in the mood for a little bit of action outside of the bedroom in a romance.




Blech, sports. I really can't stand them, and don't understand how people can get so obsessed. But, these sports romances don't have too much of the sports aspect, while still featuring some pretty hot athletes! 




Rom Coms are probably the genre I read the least, but I do have a couple of go-to authors whenever I am in the need of a laugh or ten. 




These three books are really fun and well-written, especially for YA books! Guaranteed to draw you in and keep you hooked. 




This is the genre of my current obsession! Almost none of my book club friends really read this genre, so I don't have anyone to really share my love with.










If you are in a mood for epic fantasy YA, of course the first book I will recommend will be Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I love Magnus so much! But that is not why I recommend it, haha. I just love this story. It is like a Game of Thrones for YA. Also, a good one is The Left Hand Of God by Paul Hoffman. Or The Emperor's Knife by Mazarkis Williams.




If you like books about Aliens you should try any of these.






If you like a good angel story, you definitely should read the entire series of Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens. Also, the Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol was a pretty good book.





If you like Dystopian then you  might like 20 Years Later by Emma Newman or Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne.





If you like something completely different then you can read these. They are just not like any other book I have read.





These are two of my favorite vampire books I recommend anyone if they are in the mood for a good vampire story.  

21 comments :

  1. I've read at least one book of each list :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've had years of being inundated with the books we love, as vice versa ;) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like the way you have given us a little bit of everything we could be in the mood for. I need to Rebel Belle like right now. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to just pick one thing :) And you definitely should! It really is a good book, and you'd have pretty good timing since book 3 is coming out soon!

      Delete
  3. The Rebel Belle series and Sunshine are some of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there's a Sports Romance~! I'm liking the Vampires and Angels ones as well. Gotta check out some of your list :) Glad I found an Alanna fan ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend Susan Elizabeth Phillips Chicago Stars series, if you want to check out some sports romance! It is some of the best adult romance I have ever read :) And yes! It's always nice to find fellow Alanna fans :)

      Delete
  5. I've had The Emperor's Knife on my shelf for SO long! I picked it up at the bookstore, but had never heard of it before. Now I'm excited to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! you should read it. It is very good! I love fantasy books!

      Delete
  6. I love what you've done with your list this week! :-) A great way to give many recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of good stuff here. :) I've been meaning to read the Falling Kingdoms books for a while now, they look good and I love the cover art on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falling Kingdoms is one of my favorite series! I still need to read the fourth book. They are so good! There is a spin off series it is set in our tie and our world It is also so good!

      Delete
  8. Great way to put together this week's theme! Love it. Also, yay! There's Paranormalcy. Glad you recommend it. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh the YA paranormal and all the different fantasy books look good. I'm always in the mood for vampires! I have Wicked As They Come on my TBR and have been dying to read it. I also have The Child Thief bookmarked at the elibrary. And Gravity and, I believe, Eyes Like Stars are already on my Kindle. So I'm like all set for this list, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes you are!
      The Child thief was soooo good! Gravity is one of my favorite aliens books! You will love Jackson! And Eyes like Stars pulls you into a magical world, it is so cute!
      I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  10. Ooh, looks like a great list. I need to check some of these out. Just... so many books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Falling Kingdoms is such an awesome series! It started of really shaky for me, but each book has made me like it more and more. I've not read the fourth book yet, either - but I'm definitely making time for it soon. I'm going to check out the other two fantasy recommendations - I think I've only vaguely heard about one of them. And the aliens books because I adore reading about aliens so I'm definitely curious. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allyson actually started it and she told me that I would probably like the book, she never finished it hahaha. I ended up getting obsessed with Falling Kingdoms. I also haven't read the fourth book yet. I need to read the second book of Outlander before the show starts. Then after that I will! The other two fantasy books are really good, I love The Left Hand of God.
      And I am a sucker for alien! Those two books are my favorites. I also love The Lorien Legacies, I haven't read the latest book yet , probably after falling Kingdoms.

      Delete
  12. Great list! I just got It Had to Be You from the library - looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete