Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Whim Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


The reason why I bought this book is pretty obvious for those that know me: the cover. I love it. I did not even read what was about, and just guessed from the title that it would be about angels. 

I bought this book because it is set in Scotland and since I am an Obsassenach! I love to read as much as I can about stories set in Scotland.

I can not remember why I bought it or where I saw it. I read it and it was good. Glad I picked it up, whatever the reason was! 

This is a new book I saw on one of the authors pages that I use to host some tours and blitzes for the blog. I saw it and I fell in love with the cover and I had to have it, and also the description sounds good.

Why did I buy this book? I was at home wanting to read some sad contemporary romance or something like that so I looked online and I found this book and I bought it. Whenever I got it, I did not feel like reading it. I still haven't yet.









I don't do science fiction much, and I really, REALLY don't do virtual reality games in books. This was a pretty cover impulse purchase, one of those times when I didn't really read what it was about. I am the worst about that! It sat on my shelf for well over a year, and then one day it caught my eye so I started it without reading what it was about. Overall, I am glad that I kept reading it even once I figured out that it was about two things I don't really like. It was a pretty decent book!

This was a totally accidental read. I didn't start this book with the intention of actually sitting down and reading it. I saw the cover, liked it, and decided I wanted to buy it. But as the aforementioned item states, I am so awful about buying books without reading what they are about, and then I have whole shelves filled with books I have started and were just AWFUL. So, I have been trying to be better about reading the sample before buying anything. So I downloaded the sample, and before I knew it, I purchased the book and read it all in one sitting. It sucked me in before I even really noticed what had happened! 

Another science fiction one on the list, this one also dealing with an area I usually avoid, hackers. I swear, my brain dies a little any time someone or something tries to explain computer science to me. It's just not my cup of tea in the least. So when I bought this book (It was a dollar at HPB) I wasn't certain I'd ever really read it. But then I picked it up, and I am glad I did. This book was really good! 

OK, apparently I have a thing for blue book covers. Apparently, if you want to trigger my impulse reads and buys, just make your cover blue! These Broken Stars was an impulse buy because of the pretty cover. And of course, as I have mentioned before, I am totally happy that I did sit down and read it finally ;) 


I bought this book because of a pretty cover as well. I thought it was just another dystopia novel, because as mentioned before, I am not the best about reading what something is about before buying it or picking it up. So you can imagine, I was pretty surprised when reading it find out that the whole thing was hoax (-ish. No spoilers!)

2 comments :

  1. Oh these covers do look pretty! I only read These Broken Stars myself (and loved it!), but the others look really intriguing so I'll have to give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome covers - especially If He Had Been With Me and After The End. I struggle with the impulsive to buy random books for their covers a lot, lol. But I usually force myself not to and use my library because I don't want to spend too much money.

    ReplyDelete