Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Surprises

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. 

This week's topic asked us to come up with books that surprised us or impacted us in an unexpected way. 
I don't really have books for this list, so instead I will give you books that I liked a lot! 



I sent this book to anyone I know likes to read. I just need to share my love for it.

This series is just so magical!






This was a hard list for me to put together. I don't tend to read books outside of my comfort zone, so it's hard for me to be surprised by liking something. 

I don't do horror. Like, at all. I did go through a crazy "buy all of the horror YA books in the world" phase. But I ended up reading very few of them, cause I am a wimp and I never made it more than a few chapters in any of them. With this book, it wasn't insanely scary or anything, but it still did manage to creep me out quite a bit, and yet not only did I finish it, I loved it! I still haven't read the sequel though. I need to be in the right head space for it, and that just hasn't happened yet. 





This one is surprising because, while I actually love the author as a person, her books are kind of just blah for me. None of them have blown me away or made me fall madly in love. And even this one didn't do that, but I was surprised by how much it hooked me and kept me reading til the end in one sitting, a feat I don't normally accomplish.



This was a purchase I made because the cover was gorgeous, even though I am not a Gaiman fan, and I generally dislike Sci-Fi. But this book was beyond amazing. I loved everything about it. 



Here is another surprise Sci-Fi for me. Though, it's sci-fi like Star Wars is sci-fi, so that's not really surprising. 




I could not get into Wither no matter how many times I tried. So I didn't think I was going to get into this one, but I ended up finishing it in one go and then being utterly depressed that I read it right after it was released and had to wait so long for the sequel. Which I still haven't read, because that's just who I am. 


1 comment :

  1. I like all these covers!! Nice list!
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/win-it-wednesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete